GE Intelligent Platforms GEIP e-Forum

NOTICE: This forum is for users to exchange information about GE Intelligent Platforms products. While it is moderated by GE, each post may not be explicitly answered by GE Intelligent Platforms employees. If your case needs an immediate response, please call 1-800-433-2682.

Go Back   GE Intelligent Platforms e-Forum > Industrial Software > HMI/SCADA - iFIX

HMI/SCADA - iFIX Our second generation of HMI/SCADA technology. More secure, more powerful and more versatile than any other offering. Forum also includes WebSpace discussions.

Old 01-03-2008, 08:46 AM

Denian
Send a message via ICQ to Denian
Problem with HTC.EXE (Historical Collect)

Hello,

I have a timesync and summer/wintertime problem in iFIX 3.5 with the HTC.exe Historical Collect.

I sync the time of 2 parallel SCADA-server (not redundancy) and 2 clients with this script every 30 minutes in the task scheduler:

The Timemaster is the AllenBradley SPS, the interface between AB and iFIX is the RSLinx OPC Server and the iFIX OPC Client 7.34b

Private Sub TimeSync_OnTimeOut(ByVal lTimerId As Long)
On Error Resume Next
Dim MyTime
Dim MyDate
MyTime = TimeSerial(readvalue("Fix32.SERVER.SLS_STUNDE.F_CV ", 2), readvalue("Fix32.SERVER.SLS_MINUTE.F_CV",2),

readvalue("Fix32.SERVER.SLS_SEKUNDE.F_CV", 2)) ' Assign a time.
Time = MyTime ' Set system time to MyTime.
MyDate = DateSerial(readvalue("Fix32.SERVER.SLS_JAHR.F_CV", 2), readvalue("Fix32.SERVER.SLS_MONAT.F_CV",2),

readvalue("Fix32.SERVER.SLS_TAG.F_CV", 2)) ' Assign a date.
Date = MyDate ' Set system date to Mydate.
End Sub

Everything works fine up to the 28. September 2007 at 00:00 iFIX time.
The HTC.exe stops because iFIX was already on the 29 th September and the AB was on the 28th September just a few seconds before

datechange. iFIX opens a new HTC collect file to write the analog datas in it. At 00:00 my timesync program gets the time from the

allen bradley and changed the time back to the 28th of September, HTC writes it datas to the old file without problems but after

datechange there was a still created HTC file and the HTC stops with a error "Historical Collect, internal memory error #111" and after

restarting the workspace "Historical Collect, data-file cannot read [119]".

So how can I solve the timesync problem and how can I make a summer/wintertime automatic schedule-switch?

Bye

Dennis Nienburg
Old 01-04-2008, 08:09 AM
Forum Ninja

rberthelette will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to rberthelette Send a message via Yahoo to rberthelette
As you have found, the problem is that the date/time no longer correspond to the historical file on the system.

What you need to do is write some VBA code that will stop HTC from collecting, backup the current historical collection file, change the computer time, and then start HTC again. Go to:

http://support.gefanuc.com/support/i...023fa714002cb5

to get this Developer Download.

To fix the problem with the Error 119 you want to do the following:

- Rename last collected file from htrdata folder or move it out of the folder--try restarting HTC.

- Move all collected files out of htrdata folder--try restarting HTC.

- Delete htrevnt.dat and htc.cfg from HTR folder--restart HTA and save a change to recreate these files--then try to start HTC through mission control.

The first one is the most common resolution for the issue. Moving data files locally to the SCADA machine or the machine where HTC is running usually resolves this issue. Collecting data remotely (across a network) is not recommended when there is fluctuating networking traffic.

Ray Berthelette, MCP, MCSA, MCDBA, MCSE, CCA, CSS
GlobalCare Senior Technical Eng
Customer Support Group
GE Intelligent Platforms

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: