GE Intelligent Platforms GEIP e-Forum

NOTICE: This forum is for users to exchange information about GE Intelligent Platforms products. While it is moderated by GE, each post may not be explicitly answered by GE Intelligent Platforms employees. If your case needs an immediate response, please call 1-800-433-2682.

Go Back   GE Intelligent Platforms e-Forum > Industrial Software > GE IP I/O Drivers and OPC Servers

GE IP I/O Drivers and OPC Servers Connect a wide variety of plant floor devices to GE IP software through high performance I/O drivers and OPC Servers. These device drivers provide software users with high-speed connectivity and full data integrity.

Old 05-31-2011, 12:14 AM

sumanth is on a distinguished road
Will IGS driver communication with Siemens

Hi,
I would like to know whether IGS driver communicates with S7300 siemens PLC instead of S7A driver.
Old 05-31-2011, 06:57 AM

Piyush_ls is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Yes...it is possible to communicate siemens S7-300 using IGS
Old 05-31-2011, 11:16 AM

joepap
IGS and S7 - 300

Hi,

You can communicate to the S7- 300 CPU's via Industrial Ethernet thru the IGS driver. All that is needed is a standard ethernet card, no special interface card is required.

Below are some sections from the IGS help

Here is the link to the driver on the support site http://bit.ly/jWOYkv
Overview

The Siemens TCP/IP Ethernet Driver provides an easy and reliable way to connect Siemens TCP/IP Ethernet devices to OPC Client applications, including HMI, SCADA, Historian, MES, ERP, and countless custom applications. It is intended for use with Siemens S7-200, 300, 400, and 1200 PLCs. There are two options for communications:
  • <LI value=1>Industrial Ethernet TCP/IP interface communication processor (CP). The protocol used is S7 Messaging on Industrial Ethernet (ISO 8073 Class 0) over TCP/IP as defined in RFC1006.
  • Hilscher's NetLink adapter. Only an MPI port is required. The Netlink adapter does not support the S7-200 model.
The driver requires no special libraries or hardware. A standard Ethernet card is all that is needed.

-- Joe P
Old 06-01-2011, 12:26 AM

sumanth is on a distinguished road
Thanks for you reply.
Which is the best driver to use for communication with S7300 siemens PLC either S7A or IGS?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: