PDA

View Full Version : Modbus TCP

suheilsamara
06-12-2008, 05:02 AM
How to connect Cimplicity to RX3i CPU10&ETM001.... using modbus TCP.

the PLC is configured as Modbus TCP server (slave) .
I added the protocol in Cimplicity, but was not ale to detect the PLC using the wizard, and when trying to configure the device manually, the RX3i PLC was not listed.

Thanks,
Suheil

Sonics
06-12-2008, 08:33 AM
Don't count on the wizard, it usually won't work for many Modbus devices.
You have to know the IP-address of your PLC and it's modbus slave adress.
In Device Properties, enter ip-address@slave_number, like xxx.yyy.zzz.uuu@5 if Modbus slave-address is 5 where xxx.yyy.zzz.uuu iq the IP-address of your PLC (Modbus-slave)
Look in help on how to change model-file to add STAT_PLC as an option in model_type.

mbeuret
06-12-2008, 11:56 AM
Hello,

I want to read datas from Power Meter (PM700) and Micrologic (schneider product) with Cimplicity HMI ver 6.2

I have a EXG400 device that read by modbus interface some PM700 and Micrologic module.

To read data from Micrologic. I'm using the MB_TCPIP port then I have a device per module.

For exemple I want to read data from Node 1 (it's a Micrologic device)

ad: 192.168.10.59@1
so I can create alls points I need to reach specific address (4001,...)
model Type : Quantum and it works !!!!

of course I have no idea how the Quantum model is configured.

Unfortunately, to acces the PM700 the Quantum model doesn't work.

I read documentation about the Generic PLC model but it's no clear for me what I have to do !!!

If you have some experience could you please explain me what I have to configure into the Generic PC model ?

Thanks a lot

Marc

mbeuret
06-13-2008, 03:51 AM
Yes the PM700 interface is modbus RTU (like the micrologic ) but the module EGX400 is enable to acces this module. I have a Java application that can read all PM700 modules.

Of course each resquest must use the EGX400 to access to the PM700 (http://ecatalog.squared.com/fulldetail.cfm?partnumber=EGX400)

It could NOT be possible to read PM700 data without the EGX400.

does the PM700 support Modbus TCP/IP?
Probably it's only Modbus RTU via RS485/RS232-port?

Sonics
06-13-2008, 04:28 AM
Yes the PM700 interface is modbus RTU (like the micrologic ) but the module EGX400 is enable to acces this module. I have a Java application that can read all PM700 modules.

Of course each resquest must use the EGX400 to access to the PM700 (http://ecatalog.squared.com/fulldetail.cfm?partnumber=EGX400)

It could NOT be possible to read PM700 data without the EGX400.

How do you configure the PM700 under devices in Cimplicity?
"ip-address_of_EGX400"@"Slave_address_of_PM700" ?

mbeuret
06-13-2008, 05:03 AM
How do you configure the PM700 under devices in Cimplicity?
"ip-address_of_EGX400"@"Slave_address_of_PM700" ?

example PM700 (node 8 modbus)

to acces the data: 192.168.10.59@8 => device propreties (node 8 modbus)

and I create a point 4001 (40 00 01 = Active Power) for each address I want to read.

tested with the device Micrologic and that's work
KO with PM700 confused:

Sonics
06-13-2008, 05:51 AM
from the EGX400 installation manual:
Table 3: Devices supported by the EGX
Supported Devices Logged Data
PM900C, PM800, PM600, PM500, and PM300 power
meters
CM100, CM200, CM2000, CM3000, and CM4000 circuit
monitors
Micrologic Type P and H trip units (with or without CCM)
Sepam Series 40, 80, and 2000 medium voltage relays
Model 98 Transformer Temperature Controller
Micrologic Type A trip units (with or without CCM)
Sepam Series 20 medium voltage relays
ATV58, ATV71
PM700 is not in that list, so that's maybe why?

mbeuret
06-19-2008, 08:37 AM
from the EGX400 installation manual:
Table 3: Devices supported by the EGX

PM700 is not in that list, so that's maybe why?

The web brower acces with EGX400 and modul PM700 works.
A java program (communication test modbus) can communicate to PM700 through the EGX400. But I have not the source code. So I think it is possible to communicate with Cimplicity and a PM700 .

I try to have full example to use STAT_PLC. Anybody have some complete information about that ?

thanks

Marc

Sonics
06-20-2008, 03:38 AM
The web brower acces with EGX400 and modul PM700 works.
A java program (communication test modbus) can communicate to PM700 through the EGX400. But I have not the source code. So I think it is possible to communicate with Cimplicity and a PM700 .

I try to have full example to use STAT_PLC. Anybody have some complete information about that ?

thanks

Marc
in command-line window (dos)
1. go to your project's master sub-directory
2. Idtpop model
3. Using a text editor, add the following line to the file:
MB_TCPIP|STAT_PLC|35
4. Save and exit from the text editor.
5. Scpop model
6. Update the project.

You can find the above in the Modbus TCP/IP help files

mbeuret
06-20-2008, 04:03 AM
in command-line window (dos)
1. go to your project's master sub-directory
2. Idtpop model
3. Using a text editor, add the following line to the file:
MB_TCPIP|STAT_PLC|35
4. Save and exit from the text editor.
5. Scpop model
6. Update the project.

You can find the above in the Modbus TCP/IP help files

Thanks,

Yes I found this help on Cimplicity. This step is OK. But how Cimplcity works ( know the good configuration: port, bauds, register,...). It talk about a init file for configuring ( max Coils, max Input ). Normaly I don't have to change it !!

Do I have to change this configuration ?

So I will try a another solution because I have had enough of loosing my time.
That's a pity that only the micrology driver works, I found a java test communication that works correctly with both drivers so it is possible but how ????

Thanks a lot for your help

MLS1
06-24-2008, 08:26 PM
I am facing similar problems and this looks like a good place to add my post. I am setting up a communication link with a Cutler Hammer IQ Meter with a RS485 PONI device that is then tunneled over Ethernet with a serial converter. CH, in their infinite wisdom, has a very broken register map and it will return an error if you ask for registers between those supported. I am able to establish good communications with the Quantum model but how do I gain access to the configuration parameters so that I force it to only ask for a maximum of 4 registers per query? Thanks!

mbeuret
06-25-2008, 03:09 AM
I am facing similar problems and this looks like a good place to add my post. I am setting up a communication link with a Cutler Hammer IQ Meter with a RS485 PONI device that is then tunneled over Ethernet with a serial converter. CH, in their infinite wisdom, has a very broken register map and it will return an error if you ask for registers between those supported. I am able to establish good communications with the Quantum model but how do I gain access to the configuration parameters so that I force it to only ask for a maximum of 4 registers per query? Thanks!

I think the easier way is to create a Modbus_Rtu port on your cimplicity. Into the Port Properties, on tab Serial you can select a TCP connection Method, Ip address, TCP Port (502 for Quantum),....

Than create your new device with the Master_COM1, go into the MODBUS RTU tab, choice your RTU address.

Where you can configure how many registers you want is into the advanced button. There you can configure the Domain Size and a lot of other parameters.

good luck

Mark